1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bt 99 POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I am shopping around for a single barrel trap gun and am considering a BT 99. My present shotgun shoots 70/30 patterns and I am use to that. Can you inform me what the bt 99 tends to shoot straight from the factory w/o adjustable comb.

Thanks,
    John

2. A201

A201 TS Member

Most were 60-40 there is a run of twin lettered S.N. which shot very high, don't remember which letter, but I think all had the fat forarm. Roger

3. windyflat

windyflat Member

RR & RP I think... RR being the highest shooter of the two

Tom

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Click the link.

Wayne

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

jmac_cope , POI depends entirely upon the person and the sight picture they see. The same goes for the models mentioned. You could easily shoot 70/30 with a BT. With an adjustable comb, it can shoot whatever you want.

6. jrw136

jrw136 Member

I have an RP BT-99, has the Monte Carlo stock. It has two bbls, one with a serial number matching the receiver, the other one not. When I mount the gun I see space between the beads with either barrel. I shot it from sandbags at 13 yards and its POI was well above POA. Shot about 2 or 3x higher than my Special Skeet.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You won't know a guns POI until you shoot it. To avoid disappointment always shoot it before you buy it. HMB

8. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

HMB how do you shoot a new gun before you buy it ?

Dave

9. bigben

bigben Active Member

John, if your current gun shoots 70/30, a std. BT-99 will do you no good, to replicate what you are shooting a BT-99 with an RR or RP will duplicate, my advise, look for an adjustable rib adjustable comb gun and adjust it to you style. incinerate em!

10. shootnair

shootnair Member

Would any of you have BT-99 with a serial number of RR or RP that you want to sell. Reasonably! - Cannot be a beavertail forearm

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Dave, The solution to the problem is to buy a used gun, one that the owner will let you shoot before buying it. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

99 bt factory

browning bt-99 poi

bt-99 poi

bt99 poi

poa poi for bt99
poi browning bt-99
poi for browning bt 99 monte carlo stock
whats bt-99 poi