1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 POI question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by windyflat, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windyflat

windyflat Member

Hey all
    How do I convert my flat shooting fixed rib BT 99 to a gun that shoots a pattern 90% high?
    Thanks
    Tom

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Raise the comb. Use moleskin first to make sure you like what is happening.

Neil

3. windyflat

windyflat Member

I started shooting the gun with the comb all the way down and had to cover the bird to smoke it.
    This past week I raised the comb 1/4 of an inch and it made no difference in the POI

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Put 2 back bead spaces between the beads an dthe gun will shoot to about 80/20. That is floating height. Raise the comb to do that. Many advantages to shooting off theend of the bbl.

5. windyflat

windyflat Member

I added 2 more washers and that gave me about a 3/16 gap between the beads. I'll head to the club this weekend and see how I hit them.
    Thanks Guys!!!!

6. windyflat

windyflat Member

Thanks John but I'm a new shooter with limited funds so I'll have to make due with what I have for now

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

for now- forget staking the beads-- on the #3 post -shoot straightaways- keep your hold point the same as well as your move to the rock. i think the above 1/4" comment above is a good start BUT note- 1/8" move of the comb = 4" raise on the 16 yd line. we did this last week for a guy on a low rib 90T - ended up 3/8"higher went from big peices to smoke

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Neal. Taht would cost him a min of $250. And I have tipped up Brileys in my TMX bbl and the pattern is larger on the top side but sparser. I put a regular Briley in the gun and rasied the comb and now it is great. A .030 is all you need in a .725 Perazzi or Bt99.

And MGM, the 1977 "RR" models shot about 100% high. Then in '78 they began to drop the POI down, to about 80% like in ATAJohn's gun. My '79 RN modle is lower yeat at 70%. I do not know what the current guns POI is.

9. windyflat

windyflat Member

My BT is a 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.