1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kerry, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry

Kerry TS Member

I am looking at purchasing a used BT-99 Plus. The gun needs some work on the bluing and the stock, but the action is still tight. The main thing that worries me is that the adjustable rib is warped. The barrel looks straight but the adjustable rib is wavy. Are replacement ribs available for these guns and at what cost? Any information on this model would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Last time I priced a rib for a Plus it was $214. It's made of aluminum and so it's pretty easy to bend, especially if you try to shoehorn it into a safe. Since it is wavy, likely someone tried to straighten it.

Art's Gun Shop would be a good place to start on your refurb. See link above.

This link may or may not work.

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/partsandservice/gunpartsprices/index.asp

Google up browning parts. Under customer service you can download the parts list. Somewhere around page 12-16 is the 99 stuff with the 99 Plus stuff scattered in it.

The part number is B1793609. Good luck.

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

check with the local heat treaters, they usually straighten shafts and such.

tony

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Midwest Gun works have new originals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bt 99 plus

bt 99 plus trap shooting guns for sale

bt-99 plus

bt-99 plus trap gun forums
used bt 99 plus shotgun