1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Plus vs BT-AR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mich746, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mich746

mich746 Member

What is the difference in a BT-99 Plus and a BT-99 AR? I know some of the Plus came with adjustable/recoil reducer stocks. But are there really any major differences?

2. rayman

rayman Member

AR's are extract only, stocks are different, barrels are much the same ribs the same. Fore end different hardware, forcing cones longer on AR's.

3. Nick_N

Nick_N Member

There's a nice Plus for sale right now in the sale section...

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

You can buy an AR new. Bill

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Older BT-99's had far greater quality. Buy the used one!!

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

How are the bt plus guns of "far greater quality" than the new AR's? they are NOT the same as the standard bt's. Stock finish is the same as the older high gloss models with very nice wood and the older style forepiece is like the older models. the only difference is there is no scrollwork like some older models had. Can you tell that I like my AR? A great shooter and a beauty. Bill

7. oleolliedawg

Are you telling me the AR's are built differently than new model BT's? I'm finding that hard to believe but maybe I'll learn something!!

8. mich746

mich746 Member

Yeah, That's why I asked. Get a new one for $2000 or buy used for $1500?

I always here that the older BT's are better but I have a newer BT and like it just fine. I really don't care about stock finish or scroll, only about breaking targets. An ejector would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

I have shot a Plus & AR and do like the high rib, it will most likely be my next single.........unless I can swing a KX6.

9. wrd

wrd Member

Find a BT 100

10. mich746

mich746 Member

WRD: " find a BT 100" Yes, that is an option.

Tell me what are the advantages of a 100 vs AR or Plus. I know it has a removable trigger. Can you still buy them new?

11. oleolliedawg

Finding a BT-100 that has a higher impact can be a problem!!

12. Nick_N

Nick_N Member

Find a 90T if your going to spend 2k

13. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

If you plan to do a lot of shooting, why buy a used gun? Somebody else has already taken the best rounds out of it imho. I put a about 30 flats per year through my AR without any problems whatsoever. The adjustability of the rib, adjustable front and rear is a very valuable asset in a gun and the AR has that. Also they have gone back to the straight forearm, getting away from the troublesome beavertail. I like the bt100 and the bt plus but you can only buy used ones. Bill

14. mich746

mich746 Member

Bill, I have to agree with you. I hear people say the old BT's are better, and they may have been better 30 years ago but 30 years ago I had a full head of hair and didn't need blue pills.

I think I'll go with new, Thanks Mich

15. 4painter

4painter Member

Good posts here guys, I love those plus guns and shot some of my best scores with them, and have tried other expensive guns(well ,expensive when they were new)and shot a 100 from 27 in competion but thats it, Im considering a new browning in the unsingle combo or the AR. new has its benifits, you know what you started with.

16. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Will the AR action accept the PFS BT 99 grip? The AR with at PFS would be a great little gun.

JON

17. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

On the pfs website they say it fits a bt-99, so it should work. The AR has a standard bt-99 action with with add-ons. Bill

18. woodtowood

woodtowood Member

I shoot a BT99 AR with a PFS. The BT99 PFS grip works just fine. Marvin

19. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

I have a bt99 plus and love it and I believe the only difference of the plus and ar is the ar will adjust in the front and the plus will not. Few weeks back I purchased a new bt99 at a WRITA shoot and gave it to my son and the little sh*t is putting me out at the club games and beating me at the 16 and 22 quite often. I'm about ready to take it away from him and kick him off the field if he don't let me win once in a while. He has only shot now for 3 months or so his whole life of 16 years. Going to enter him in then next WRITA shoot. Of course I get half his winnings since I did pay for the gun.

Oh and he even made fun of me when he shot me out. He will pay, he will pay.

Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 vs bt 99 plus
browning bt-99 vs bt-99 plus

bt-99 plus vs br-99 ar

bt-99 vs bt99 plus