1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 PLUS question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikkeeh, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Just purchased a used BT-99+. It has a recoil system that I havent seen before called "Soft-Kick". It looks similar to a Gracoil...but different. I downloaded a owners manual from the Browning site..and it shows a completely different system. A google search for "softkick" didnt help. Anyone know anything about this???? Was it offered by Browning ...or an add on??

Thx

2. MX3BT99

MX3BT99 TS Member

I's say the browning system wore out, and they put another after market on.. If you can take a pic of it and post it, someone will know what it is.
    If it works fine, just leave it alone.. Browning's recoil system was no hell for recuding recoil.

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

4. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

I second Won't me Bubba.SHOW US a pic.I thought they all had Gracoils?

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

go to shooters emprioum and look at the soft touch stocks, maybe it is one of those ( they are not junk)

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Ill try to get a pic up in the morning. The system seems to work ok...just curious about the mfg. as I cant find any info on it.

7. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Like this
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rayman

rayman Member

The Soft Kick was Made in Mansfield Ohio, I believe it has been Discontinued at this time.
    It was made much like the Gracoil.

Ray

9. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

"The Soft Kick was Made in Mansfield Ohio, I believe it has been Discontinued at this time. It was made much like the Gracoil.

Ray "

Thx for the info Ray...much appreciated.

10. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Looks good on there, someone did a nice job installing it. The Browning system, at the time the plus guns came out, was better than nothing. Timney made an aftermarket replacement for the original Browning unit that was a big improvement as it is adjustable and works without the "kachunk" noise of the original. Last I heard Wright's had taken over production of them.

11. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Ive never used a Gracoil. this one doesnt have the "kachunk" noise..and seems to work pretty good. I dont see any kind of adjustment for the dampeneing system tho...I was curios because I couldnt find anything about "soft kick".
    Raymans answer makes sense, since Mansfield is about 35 miles from me.....interesting. Ill have to do a close comparison to a Gracoil and see exactly what the differences are.

12. rayman

rayman Member

The soft kick adjusts the same as a Gracoil.
    Loose the set screw on the plate next to the recoil pad, this lets you remove the assembly with the recoil pad.
    there will be a shaft sticking out - it has an allen head - turn counter clockwise to make the tension softer and clockwise to stiffen.
    Note you do not want it too loose as this will cause too much movement.
    You will need to adjust to your preference according to your load.

Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.