1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Plus Pigeon Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plumbguncrazy, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plumbguncrazy

plumbguncrazy TS Member

if the rib doesn't adjust, you don't have a plus. post a pic if you can

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Jack: If someone sold you a BT99 Plus it had better have an adjustable rib, an adjustable butt pad (for length of pull as well as the cant), a recoil reducing device in the stock, and an 4 way adjustable comb. The rib is adjustable on both ends with a slotted screw on the receiver end and a two position roll pin you can drive out and place in the lower/higher hole. I guess someone might remove the recoil reducer, but the other items should be there.

Guess it could be one of the BT99s that they put Invector Plus chokes in.

3. steevo

steevo TS Member

Also, the gun should say "Plus" on the bottom of the receiver. I had one of these, so I know. The barrel may have been switched, if so, I would send it back. You paid for the adj. rib, you should get it. Steve

4. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

I'm not sure where they are located exactly but you should match the serial numbers of the receiver and barrel. I wonder if you have a BT barrel on a plus reciever. That's not a bad thing as long as the barrel is fitted well, you just may not have an djustable rib. A lot of guns don't and folks shoot them just fine.

Is it possible that you just don't see where the adjustment is? See if you can find a pic of one.

all the best,
    john

5. steevo

steevo TS Member

Yup you got shafted. Of course, that is why the price was only $1000. The "real" Plus models usually go for something like 1500 or maybe more. But, If I were you, I would send it back. The adj. rib on the Plus gun is one of the reasons people buy them. Did you buy this gun off GunBroker? I only ask because I had words with a guy selling a Plus gun on there that didnt have the correct barrel. Steve

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

This might be able to help you out ...

http://media.browning.com/pdf/om/bt99plusmanual.pdf

Scroll down to page 16 & 17 and it will tell/show you how the rib adjusts. Ya never know you might just have an adjustable rib and possibly not realize it. By the way the pictures look it might be hard to tell unless ya see a picture.

7. steevo

steevo TS Member

Its actually pretty easy to figure out. If the rib is solid, its the regular rib. If you grab the rib and it moves, like flexes in the middle, its the floating adjustable rib. Steve

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Real simple. Browning used a few of their leftover PLUS receivers and fitted regular rib barrels to them. I've seen one myself. I saw that gun for sale and you sorta got screwed!!

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have seen the regular barrels mounted on those receivers also new- I forget which big dealer had them that way but it may have been guns unlimited

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.