1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 Plus Micro not Conventional

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by markk19, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markk19

markk19 TS Member

0   0   0

I just retrieved a BT 99 Plus from my FFL dealer that I bought from a private party out of state. He did not advertise it as a Micro, but it is per Browning and box markings. The Browning rep was surprised that they did a Micro in 1992 since all the literature talks about a Micro not being introduced in 2004. I had no reason to suspect it might be a Micro. He has a conventional 99 plus stock and forearm that he is willing to switch with me for this one, instead of taking it back. I can probably get it to fit with some fit work on the LOP by a gunsmith, new pad, shims, etc. I am average height and have shorter arms. Obviously the serial numbers (which do match) would be for a Micro, and my gun would no longer be a Micro. Any suggestions what I should do? It is otherwise a beautiful gun with great wood. Is a Micro worth less or harder to sell later? Appreciate any advice I can get.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

That micro should also be wearing a 30" barrel. These are a lot more desireable than the standard plus because of them being so rare.

Phil Kiner was trying to find one of these last year. A shooter at his home club had theirs come up missing after a shoot. I don't know if he ever found a replacement.

I'd forget the mods and peddle this micro ( a nice blued one will bring $1800-$2000. More for a stainless or golden clays) and then find a standard 32 or 34" model.

ss

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

i wud assume this micro is a 32"- long term this gun switched to a full length stock will and if so having a 32" barrel will be limited in prospects if you want to sell it!--who is going to check ser.#s years from now? no one!! and the box ect-- no big deal when you are gonna shoot it and not have it as a collectors item!!---- it boils down to this, if it bugs you mentally having to switch wood ect or it not being "original"-- then get rid of it. you wont have faith in that gun shooting for you---what's that worth to you ??? happy shooting-- wally riebesell

4. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

0   0   0

MARKK I bought 2 micro's in the 90's.IMO the micro will bring a good price for a young shooter or a woman shooter they are hard to fit and that gun will fit them.they are a great gun and low recoil and easy adjusting.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Mark, I have owned several BT pluses over the past 5 years. I only have one left and it is a micro. The micro's have a stock that is 7/8" shorter than the standard plus. Mine was not advertised as a micro and when it came I was pleasantly surprised to see a walnut 7/8" axtension added to the butt plate. I really wanted the micro for my daughter, so I was pleased with the purchase. I kept the walnut spacer and if you want it I will send it but I need your address. Bulge(Mike).
    PS. I bought a couple of Browning catalogs from the early nineties to see what options came with or were avilable with the gun. My daughters barrel is a 34" barrel and the numbers match. I always thought that was stupid a 34" barrel on a micro. If you need info on the gun I can photostst pages and send them to you.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Yes Keep the Micro and see if you can get the conventional stock for a good price!!!..he did you a favor especially if its a 32" gun

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Micros came in 28", 30" 32" and 34"!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-99 micro conventionalĀ