1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 Plus Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JDH, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH

JDH TS Member

Does anyone know whether a normal BT99 Plus barrel can be fit to a BT99 MICRO Plus? A dealer I spoke with said "no" and Browning said "yes" - but didn't seem too confident in their answer. I have a Micro plus with a 26" and need a 32" barrel. Thanks, JDH

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I've had them both. The only difference in the guns is the stocks. The stock on the micro is 7/8" shorter. Barrels are identical. Bulge.

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

What Bulge said.

JK

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fit is far from a guaranteed thing on exactly the same model of brownings

Dont count on it-- ie dont make an investment based on the advice you have received so far

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Gene, read his post again. He asked if they could be fitted and the answer is yes. He did not ask if they could be switched from one receiver to another.

Although I have had 5 pluses so far, I have only had 2 at any one time, and the barrels were not abel to be switched to the other receiver. Close but no cigar. They could be fit to another receiver by a qualified gunsmith. Not like Krieghoffs where there is high probability that they will interchange. Bulge.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well that is true- about fitting- dont know if they can or cant- usually would be the answer but not always able to be fitted- ie if you dont have enough metal

Now can they be economically fitted is another question

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. vatrap

vatrap Member

JDH,

In general the answer is yes, the receivers are the same, and I have had barrels fitted to a Citori Plus and a BT 99 and a BT 99 Plus at different times. The key is how close it fits before the gunsmith gets it. To loose and its very difficult and may not be worth the cost, to tight and it will generally work. Ernest Marlette did mine and all have turned out well.

Mike

8. xtj

xtj Guest

contact midwest gun works in Peavely mo. They can fit if it is losse or tight they do a substantial amount of work for Browning. just do a google search for them, in fact the last time I talked to them they had a Bt99 plus barrel for sale hope this helps.
    JKG

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Midwestgunworks.

10. JDH

JDH TS Member

Thank-you for the information. I will try Midwest. JDH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 micro iowa

bt 99 plus barrels