1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 PLUS Adjustments

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by soup, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,
    New guy at the Trap shooting sport. I just bought a BT-99 PLUS -32"-ported with ct & airline type Browning case.
    I'd like to know how you go about determining the propper fit of the stock ,so I can see what adjustments are needed & most of all how to make the adjustments.
    I know to most all of you folks this is a rudimentary question , but I don't know.
    Thank you in advance for your time & help.
    BILL

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You would be best seeking personal professional or at least trusted knowledgable help or you'll just chase your tail and wear out threads

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

If your gun did not come with the owners manual, I believe you can still download it from the Browning website. That is the first place to start. After you read through the manual to get a feel for what adjustments are possible you will need to decide on length of pull. Everyone is built differently so adjust the butt palte so when you shoulder the gun your hand on the stock grip is comfotable and your face is slightly in front of midway of the comb. You don't want to feel like you are reaching, nor do you need to be cramped up. Next you should decide where you want your point of impact and raise or lower the comb for that adjustment, and then set the rib for sight picture. Cast on cast off is not too tough. Adjust it until both sights line up square. I prefer a figure eight pattern and set acordingly. You may find your face best fits with the front and back cast screws at different distances, go with what is most comfortable. To check cast on/off close your eyes and shoulder the gun as if to shoot. When you open your dominant eye you should have your preferred, lined up perfectly, sight picture. Take it to the pattern board and adjust to get it perfect for poi and to shoot dead on.

Mainly do not be afraid to change the settings when you first start out for the most comfort and performance. If you can find someone at your local club who has a plus gun enlist their help. Most importantly, once you get it set and it is shooting where you want, and you start breaking good scores, leave it alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do youadjust the cast on a browning bt 99 plus trap gun