1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 PFS Grip Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrapAttack, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapAttack

TrapAttack TS Member

I was wondering if there was a Precision Fit Stock Grip for the old style BT-99's with the Long Tang Trigger Guards. Anyone know?

~ Derek

2. epmn

epmn TS Member

You can use the one for the current BT99. It becomes a question of what you want to do with the long tang though. Since I didn't want to cut the tang off in case I ever sold the gun with the original stock I did a bit of reshaping of the tang and then used black electrical tape to hold it to the grip. It looks a bit bubba but most people don't far enough past all of the metal to notice the tape.

epmn

3. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I installed a PFS stock on my BT-99 Plus. I basicly bought another tang from Browning($29) and cut it long so that the tang tucks up into the gap were the stock slides on. If you bend the tang up it will put pressure on the tang and it won't move around. Mine took a little while to fit but it looks great and I also have the original tang still on the wooden stock should I ever decide to make it original again

George Ware

4. TrapAttack

TrapAttack TS Member

Interesting, not an Ideal solution but sounds better than the " bubba " taped route . Any Chance you have a pic of how yours turned out BrowningBoy ?

5. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I will take some tonight and post them

George Ware

6. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

I have one cut to fit a CITORI PLUS PFS grip. If it will work the cost is $40 shipped to you. 908 507-5939 jack

7. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

Here are the photos It didn't take that long to do. Vern at PFS suggested that I use lock tight to hold the tang in place it didn't really work. This was my solution
    browningboy_2008_03031.jpg

browningboy_2008_03032.jpg

8. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

If you take your time you can fit it just like the new BT-99. The hardest part was bending the tang to fit snug. That was more trial and error. I think it took me about 3 tries.

If I can help anymore let me know

George Ware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.