1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt-99 or citori xt trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapmaster2563, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapmaster2563

trapmaster2563 TS Member

i have been thinking about getting a dedicated trap gun for over a year now and i have narrowed it down to a bt-99 34" or citori xt trap 32". i just need so answers: does the bt-99 come with a straight or a mc stock? what is the POI for both gun those are the only questions i have for right now.

thank for the help

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=013269lcynergycombo.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> How about a XT or Cynergy Trap comb...or some of the other great combos out there? Then you decision can be made daily. No wishing I bought that wishing I bought this. Next bid for me is a combo I favor the Cynergy right now, just like it

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

able ammo has the cynergy, so there web sight says. Yes beretta combo NICE. Next trap gun purchase will be a combo of some sort/make.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

looks like they have 4 left, last month they had more, think people like them? 4000.00

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Trapmaster, your first sentence indicates to me that you already have a target shotgun for skeet or sporting clays!! Is it a O/U?? If it is, you can us that gun if you ever want to shoot trap doubles. Then I would go for the BT-99. As far as the POI goes, all brownings I have shoot all have shot about 60/40. You can raise this POI if you get a adj. comb on your stock. If I were you I would but the M/C stock and have a stock smith install the adj. comb on your new browning BT-99. The factory ones cost more than you have one installed for and the after-market hardware that a good smith will use will be of a better grade. Good Luck in your chice, and I hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

6. trapmaster2563

trapmaster2563 TS Member

the bt-99 is out but now im looking into the 870 trap but the gun feels very light and the slid is a little loose is this normal.

7. Frye

Frye TS Member

I bought my XT from Guns Unlimited. I didn't get the combo. If I had a few extra coins I would have went for the top single. I LOVE my XT. It is an incredibly good shooting gun. I got the 32" Barrels and I'm glad I did. I have about 500 rounds thru it now and have yet to shoot less than a 23 from anywhere I've shot. I have 3 straights with it too. I can't wait for it too loosen up a little though. It's a little hard to open and close but I expect that to get smoother in time. I shot MOST Of the O/E's I was considering before I purchased.. Oddly enough, I never got to test the XT before I bought one. I went for it anyway. I liked the way they fit when I looked at one from a local gunstore. I really liked the Cynergy but again, Funds we're a factor. I had to work within a budget and buying my XT from out of my home state have me approx. $300.00. I can reload alot of 12G's for that! Go for the XT.... Handles like a dream and it's built like a brick sh-t house. I have no doubt this shotgun will still be bustin' clay long after I'm feeding the worms in the ground.

Jeff (Frye)

8. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

You can't go wrong with an XT. Get the fixed comb and have an aftermarket adjustable comb installed - many have reported trouble with the factory adjustable comb. Ask yourself if you really need a combo - all I have tried balance and point slightly differently depending on whether the single barrel or the o/u barrel is installed. With the o/u, put in an Imp/Mod choke in the top barrel and a full or extra full in the bottom barrel and you're set up for singles and handicap with a flip of the barrel selector...and no change in the balance or handling of the gun. I use the bottom barrel for handicap - heavier loads - to get the direct recoil effect that shooters of unsingle barrels are trying to get. I have 2 32" XTs and they are great. Best Regards, Ed

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

trapmaster, Yes to both!! I have a old wingmaster as well. I started shooting trap with it. I had to put a recoil reducer in the stock to help with recoil. Then gun was out of balance and had to put some weight on barrel cap to balance gun, it was swinging to fast. After awhile I needed a better fitting gun and it did not make any sense to invest in a adj. comb and adj. butt plate on a gun in that price range. That's when I invested in my BT-100. Now I have the both the adj. comb and butt plate and it fits very nicely. The 870 is a good starter gun, but most shooters will upgrade after awhile. If you plan to shoot for any lengh of time you might want to skip the 870 and upgrade now, or not. The choice is yours. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

10. trapmaster2563

trapmaster2563 TS Member

after much deliberation i have decided to go with choice number 4. thats right i have decided to get a winchester select trap. its half as much as the browning and fits me much better and its made by the same people that make the browning xt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt-99 vs browning citori feather lightning
browning bt99 vs citori
browning xt vs bt-99
bt-99 plus vs cynergy trap

bt99 vs citori

compare browning citori and bt99
compare citori vs bt99
xt vs bt-99 browning