1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bt-99 or Browning XT?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

If you could pick one of these 2 for singles and handicaps does one have an advantage over the other? recoil, weight, pointability?

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The BT-99 will kick more, since it is lighter. The new model fits me well. It shoots high enough for me to be deadly at the 27 yd line.

I think I will stay with my XT Unsingle Combo. With appropriately installed weights, it is very docile even with the boomers I use at the back fence.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

The XT offers three BIG advantages because of the two barrels/chokes: provides a more open choke in one barrel for 16 yd. singles and a tighter choke in the other barrel for handicap; the XT is heavier reducing felt recoil; finally, it works well for doubles. No need to change guns. JMO Regards, Ed

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Goat, your reply can be ammended to "the XT offers ONE big advantage: it works well for doubles."

Choke tubes in the BT negate your first advantage.
    Recoil reducing devices/weights negate your second.

I'd have to recommend the XT as well. But I just like O/U's.

5. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I love my BT-99 but then again I really only shoot trap. I also have a 525 that i could use to shoot doubles with as well. If you want to shoot trap then the BT-99 it is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.