1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Mid-Bead Size?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I am currently working on an add on rib for a customer. He says he wants to keep the same size front and mid beads. I know I can unscrew the original front bead and use it, but I can't unscrew the mid bead as I understand they are pressed in. I don't have his barrel yet, but I'd like to make sure I have the right size bead before I get his barrel to install the rib. Anybody happen to have a pair of calipers and a BT-99 that they can check real quick? Or better yet know it off of the top of their head. I have a BT of my own, but there's an add on rib covering my mid bead. Any help is greatly appreciated, Josh.

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

apx. .080 more or less. it is hard to measure. mine isn't very round.

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Great, that's what I needed to know, figured it was either .063" (1/16) or the .080". Appreciate your help. Thanks, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 mid beads
browning bt-99 mid bead sight thread size

what size threads are on a browning bt 99 sight beads