1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Max…Loose Rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by quicksand, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicksand

quicksand Guest

Two of the support ribs on my BT-99 Max are loose at the barrel. Is there an easy way for me to resecure the supports? Or, is there a book that I could buy that would explain how to make the repair?

Thanks,

Dave Rice

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The rib on the BT is only permenently attached at the muzzle and the breech. In between the rib "floats" on a dovetailed post.

Many BT's rattle a little. I've taken a few of these bbl's, turned them over, and placed a drop or two of Loc-Tite (stud & bearing moount) around all of the posts, and let it sit over night. Tightens them up real nice.

Doug

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Doug,

If I'm reading the post correctly, his rib posts has come unsoldered from the barrel.

ec90t

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If that's the case, I'd be making a call to Browning and asking how fast they could WARRANTY this repair. A properly silver soldered joint should NEVER seperate. If soldered correctly, you should be able to tear the steel.

To have someone outside of Browning doing it, it's going to run you at least $200, if not a little more. Rebluing will be neccessary.

Doug

5. quicksand

quicksand Guest

Doug…et.al.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like I need to a better look at what I have perceived as a problem. In any case, I have a couple of options to consider.

Again, the feedback from everyone is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-99 loose rib

loose bt-99 rib repair