1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Max

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I would like some imformation on this gun. What is the differance in the max and the regular BT-99 or BT-100 . I may be looking for one for a friend if anyone has one for sale????

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Higher Rib and NO dropout trigger .

3. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

What about backbore on the MAX ? I've heard less recoil but didn't know why may just be a tale...

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I had a Max but it has been some time ago . I do know Browning had two runs of the BT-99 Max . It was a very popular gun and after the first run about a year Browning came out with some more . I don,t think the barrels were any different then the BT-99,s . I,m shot well and had the same rust problem as the 99 .

ALF

5. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

Same gun as the BT100. The difference was the Max didn't have the drop out trigger and palm swell that the 100 had. The Max in my estimation is alot more trouble free. Many of the 100's I saw had trigger issues with springs getting weak. But once replaced they were fine. Even though I don't shoot my Max anymore, I'll never sell it. I had to have a Ljutic! Brownings in my estimation are the best bang for the buck. Throw in an XT for Doubles or to shoot all three events with and you're good to go for life.

Jim

6. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

JLSimon, Your story sounds just like me I am dieing for a stainless Ljutic and I have found one here local for 6500.00 and I just can't bring myself to get it 100% when I can get a Browning 1500 to 2000 and it will do the same thing . My friend has been telling me this, now I told him I probably could find him a Max on here so I don't know what I'm going to do .

7. trrapshooter

trrapshooter Member

The Max that I have is a 740 Bore from the factory, never had a problem with the gun. It does shoot a little flat but fine after a put the comb up.

Steve

8. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

Shootlow,
    Interesting that there was more than one rib configuration on the Max. Mine and all that I've seen so far have the same tapered rib that is on the 100. Always learning sumthun!

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.