1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Leo's Special

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joelr, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelr

Joelr TS Member

BT-99 Leo

Does anyone have information as to how many BT-99 Leo's Specials were made? Each year? What years were they made?
    There seems to be a lack of information on the web about this magnificent gun.
    thanks
    Joel

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I shoot a 1988 model & it's number 157.

3. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

I believe there was a run of 300, but I am not sure if ALL runs were of 300.

4. daveship

daveship Member

its not important joel you have number 006 and she's sooo beautiful. and you shoot her so well. everyone drools when you break her out. and if johnny b. wants her, you know she has to be special :=))

5. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I have # 002---My friend has #001---From 1994, Shot only one box of shells.

6. lgregg111

lgregg111 TS Member

I bought one of these guns years ago from Leo himself and he gave me alot of information about this gun.the box these guns came in had Leo Special on it.He was the only person in Browning history to have their name on the box.There were for sure 2 runs of a 100 made but maybe 3.the first run were hand engraved and the others were stamped.the engraver signed these guns on the left side under the gold inlay pigeon.this maes the first run more valuable.on the right side it had 2 gold inlay pigeons and 1 on the trigger guard.The number of the gun was right in front of release.The guns all had grade 6 wood and came in an americase that said Leo's custom stocks Library Pennsylvania If someone is looking to buy one of thes guns contact me.I have number 6 from 1st run

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

If I rember correctly I had deposit with Leo for $100.00 on a BT-99 Grade 6 some where around 3k < > ? maybe 20 yrs ago. I waited and waited then Japan was hit with with a major earth quake and more of a delay. I asked for my deposit back... not sorry

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

There is a he-- nof alot more of them than 300

9. FHALZ

FHALZ TS Member

Sorry Bill but I disagree. There are very few of them. I have never seen any with a number above 250. I have #04 in a Bt-99 and #37 in a Bt-100. If you figure out the percentage, I bet it is less than 2% of Bts made. Frank

10. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I have one with the serial no. over 350!

I would like to see if any original condition grade 6 stocks are out there for them, and how much?

Danny

11. lgregg111

lgregg111 TS Member

where are you guy's getting these numbers from.Leo's guns had a number right above the release. they were runs of 100 i don't know where you are getting these numbers in the 300's you might have some kind of browning pigeon grade but not a Leo special

12. letts

letts TS Member

I have said this before, But I'll repeat "I have a Leo BT100 #106 on the handle"
    assuming they started with the number 001 they made more than a 100 of this model. Maybe they started with ten or 100 I don't know.

Letts

#106 is on the knob of the release handle. NV indicates 1995 as year of manufacture. K99 which S.N. ends with is not listed on Browning web site. I can not find name of engraver.

13. lgregg111

lgregg111 TS Member

what year is your gun.mine is a 1987 above release there is number 6 not 06 just 6. Is there a signature of engraver on left side below gold inlay pigeon?

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The numbering looked like this.
    [​IMG]

15. PJ MX8

PJ MX8 TS Member

Is that a leo's bt 99 plus 007? I have a bt 99 plus that is also 007.Paul

16. lgregg111

lgregg111 TS Member

I believe Joel Etchen had some of these guns made later on not sure how his guns were numbered

17. letts

letts TS Member

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Now I know that I have seen some gold numbers on the round part of the release lever where it pivits at. Now for the first time I see the gold numbers on the Reciever just in front of the release trigger where the gold target is located on a K guns top latch. So now I'm not sure which placement is correct for a Leo's special, or a Joel's run or even possiblebly a special run of grade VI's. Sorry if I only helped to confuss the issue more, but I would like to get a strait answer as well as others I'm sure. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 100 leo
browning bt 100 leo harrison model
browning bt 100 leo pigeon

browning bt 99 leo harrison

browning bt 99 leo special

browning bt100 leo pigeon
leo special bt99
leoscustumguns