1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 internal parts question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pakk, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakk

pakk Member

what is the name of that part? Does anything besides the stock keep it from backing out?

2. pakk

pakk Member

Forgive me because I don't know the name of all the parts. I am talking about the part that goes between the circular part at the top and the lower part that keeps the gun closed(locking lug?).

As of right now I can removed it by hand. The only thing that keeps it in place is the stock.

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

The part you are referring to is called the Top Lever Dog. There is supposed to be a screw attacting this piece to the opening lever. If you are able to remove the Top Lever Dog by hand then you are missing the screw. Hope this helps. BYG

P.s. here is a schematic of the 99 as well as a parts list and price.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=396/schematicsdetail/BT-99

4. pakk

pakk Member

Thanks for the info and link. I took it off and it looks like that bar is one piece called the top lever dog. Mine seems to have worked apart from each other. I can see that some sort of adhesive once held them together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.