1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 HI_GRADE ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Has anyone bought <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>one of these from Hi-Grade and what do you think of it.???

2. WarEagle2017

Well Joe I know that a Ford is a Ford is a Ford, But you have to remember that a Caddie is a Caddie is a caddie. LOL

3. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

I have seen those in his store. He had them special made (100 of them) with "High Grade" wood and receiver. I'm almost positive they are the newer BT-99 style. Definitely a step above the late model factory BT-99's in looks. Is it worth the extra $ for the looks, well thats up to you.

4. XT Bill

XT Bill TS Member

I bought one in December, right before the weather went stupid cold here in Ohio, so I haven't shot it much.

I'd been looking at regular BT's. The wood reminded me of the H & R I keep in the garage for Chipmonks, and the reciever with absolutely nothing on it engraving wise...well, H&R comes to mind again.

So, I figured I'm only going to buy it once, and get the upgraded wood with the glossy finish, the engraved silver nitride receiver, and they only made 100 of them. Not sure if I did the right thing by getting the factory adjustable comb or not, but I'd heard that they have hollowed out the regular stocks so much that wood had to be put inside to mount comb hardware to, which sounded like a pain to me!

C'mon Spring !!!!!

Bill

5. WarEagle2017

Thanks for the replys, I bought one yesterday, I ordered it after 2 PM and found out it was already at my Dealers place here in MD by 11 am today, that the best service I ever heard of, at my dealer in less than 21 hours, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

6. Rockeee1

Rockeee1 TS Member

I had the opportunity the other day to compare the standard grade BT99 along side the high grade.It is obvious all BT99's are not created equal.Wow the Hi Grade is really an impressive looking gun.GOOD LUCK

7. redbearmx15

redbearmx15 TS Member

I bought a used one at Indiana gun club a couple months ago. If you look on Hi-Grades web site they have a couple used ones for sale. Mine is un-cut comb. I think if I had a choice I would buy one with the cut comb.

Roger C/OH SJVCC

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I shot a friends here in Texas,..very very nice!...just get the Monte Carlo and cut it instead of the factory adjustable Tony

9. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

I agree with CalvinMD. I bought the Monte Carlo a few years back. I didn't like Browning's adjustable comb hardware. The wood is far superior to the standard bt-99. Joe B.

10. WarEagle2017

Yes Guys ( Calvin ) I do a lot of research before I buy a New Gun, and after seeing my Sons Elite Kolar, I could not pass up the Hi-Grade for that price, I sold 3 BT-99's this last Sunmmer, and someone ( I dont remember who it was ) told me something that it very true, Quote " No matter what SBT you have now there will always be a Yearning in your Heart for a BT-99 " The one That I sold a BT-99 Stainless with RAD 2 and Soft Comb I sold to a Shooter in MI. is the one that I miss the most, so I am picking this one up today and will soon sent it to Greg Hissem, for a RAD 2, I have read too many bad reports about Brownings new Hardware, mostly that the thin post on the adj. rib are stainless and that they come loose all of the time .as you know Calvin I shooot a Kolar and also have a few others including a Perazzi TM1, But I still want to have this BT-99 in my safe, plus My Son can use it when he sells His Kolar Elite, the sale is pending on that one, he has a guy trying to get the money together, but he told him first cash gets His Kolar, and what a gun that one is, Calvin You would look GOOD with that Kolar. LOL

11. CalvinMD

I know I would but I would be ashamed to miss asingle target with a gun that pretty and it deserves better Hehehehe

12. WarEagle2017

I picked up my Hi Grade today and I am very pleased with the Quality of it, took the cleaning Kit to PG where I picked it up from and had to try it out, is smokes them fine, although now I have to get it to allem for a release trigger, adj. comb and Gracoil. When I am done putting all of that money into it, I am going to carve Kolar on the reciever, because I'll have enough money in it to have bought another Kolar. LOL ( not really )

13. oilburner

oilburner TS Member

Picked up my BT-99 HG tonight. Beautiful gun. Nice fit and finish. Well worth the extra bucks versus the BT-99 conventional.

14. CalvinMD

You Should have bought my Beretta Tony

15. bud168

bud168 Member

drhuner, its a great gun, nice to look at and shoots great.. I broke my first 100 with one last year...

- Kurt Nelson

16. oilburner

oilburner TS Member

Not only pretty. It smokes 'em! Couldn't be happier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.