1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Golden Clays or Citori XT Adjustable

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rem870TB, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

If you had to choose ONLY between the BT-99 Golden Clays 34" or Citori XT Adjustable 32", which would you choose and why?

2. yorker

yorker TS Member

I own both, (well sadly not the golden clays)
    If only for singles then I vote for the BT-99, if you are going to use for anything else then XT

Can't go wrong with either

3. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Doubles is a great game, and an XT will even work for Sporting Clays and Skeet...so I would go with the more versatile XT.

I have owned both. I shot my XT at singles and handicap trap as well or better than I did my BT-99.

I know the "Golden Clays" BT-99 has a lot of fru-fru on it, but that will not provide near the pleasure that the more versatile XT will provide, in my opinion.

bluedsteel

4. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Good stuff so far.

I have been told that I should get a new gun for my 60th birthday in July.

I think the idea is to get one while I can enjoy it.

I have a post 2000 BT-99 Grade I Adjustable and a "mint, low-mileage" 1984 mfg Citori Grade I Trap. In addition, I have a few Remington 870 and an 1100, all target grades.

In all the places I have lived and shot in the past 40 years, trap singles are the main activity. However, I have also thought about the versatility of an o/u for any future opportunities (I am old enough to remember when a lot of people shot, single, caps and doubles with one o/u).

I like the handling of the BT, though and wonder if the GraCoil on the Golden Clays will be noticeably more comfortable to shoot, as far as felt recoils goes, than the BT-99 Grade I

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.