1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Forearm

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Baileyboop, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baileyboop

Baileyboop TS Member

If there is anyone out there who can help I would greatly appreciate it. My BT-99's forearm is constantly breaking its screws. I have had it locally repaired four times only to no avail. Recently they installed a stainless steel screw and it only took about 500 rounds to bent it to where the steel is now separating from the forearm again. I called Browning and they said to send the gun to them becasue this is a typical problem with the BT-99's manufactured in the year mine was. After reading many customer reviews of Browning's service, I do not want to send it.

Does anyone know anyone who could fix this problem, or where I can go to finally get it fixed right. Browning Service told me that they are very aware of the problem and that they use some proceedure for the fix....but did not tell me what it was. I live near Albany, New York and would ove to know if anyone knows anything. Thank you so much.

Rick Swett

2. ccridr

ccridr Member

Please tell us what year your BT 99 was made.
    Thanks, Colby

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Call Doug Braker at Dougs Gunsmith - He will know

4. SR1

SR1 TS Member

From what I have heard Doug Braker is the man to speak to.

5. Baileyboop

Baileyboop TS Member

Thanks to everyone who helped. I will call this Doug Braker. Good luck and good shooting.

Rick Swett

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The screws keep snapping off because they are the only thing holding the forend from shifting "fore and aft".

On a few that I have worked on that were problem "screw busters", was to attach a block to the bottom side of the forend iron (wood side). Then cut a notch in the wood where the new "recoil" block would sit. Then glass bed the complete forend. This will prevent the forend from shifting and shearing of the screws. I will also prevent the latch from moving, which generally leads to the wood cracking at the rear of the latch.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.