1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 forearm

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Swamp_Yankee, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swamp_Yankee

Swamp_Yankee Member

Today my BT 99 forearm would not seat. It won't sit right in the "knockle" of the stock. any suggestions???

Thanks
    Jim

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

tighten the screws

3. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Mine did same thing keep those screws tight or you could end up with a crack in your forfend aside did. You can have somebody put an insert in them to help with the problem. Talk to Rod "
    @ Rods custom stock

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

The forearm on the new bt's is a major flaw in design. Use loctite or some other glue on them and they will stay seated for a while. They have to be checked every time that you use it. i have had four bt's and the first three all had this problem. i now have the new one from Monsoors that has the old style forepiece. Hopefully this one is trouble free. Bill

5. bob easton

bob easton TS Member

After reading this, I got out the BTs (2 of em) and added locktite to the screws. Not wanting to upset anything, I did them one screw at a time. Along the way, I found none were loose, but felt better about taking an ounce of prevention. Both are beavertails btw.

The forearm on the older gun (2010 production, couple thousand firings) went back on very smoothly. The other was a different story. It's new (2011 production) and has yet to be fired. Just like the OP, it would not reseat. I double checked those screws and the alignment of the parts. All looked OK. Fiddled with it for a long time. It's only been taken down completely once for initial cleaning, and that time it was stiff going back together.

It ended up needing a couple of "palm butts" on the front end, pushing it back toward the action, before it would seat. I don't know if this is simply newness or whether I have trouble coming. Will get it out to the range soon.

--
    Bob

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What happens if you palm butt your knockle? HMB

7. bob easton

bob easton TS Member

HMB,
    Thanks for that suggestion. It doesn't help to butt the knuckle. It has to be a smack on the muzzle end of the forearm. Even though it looks like the metal on the forearm is tight against the knuckle, a good smack is needed to allow the lever to latch.

I'm going to go out and make it go BOOM a few thousand times. I suspect it'll loosen up.

--
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.