1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Forearm question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gambit, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

I have a 3 year old BT-99 with a Beavertail style forearm. I like the gun, but don't really care for the forearm. Does anyone know if you can buy a conventional style forearm for the newer BT's, or know of anyone that makes a custom?

Thanks in advance.

2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I am sure a stock maker could make a suitable forearm for you. I suspect he would want to use the latching mechanism in the current Beavertail for the new forearm. This means, probably, that you will have to lay the BT99 up for a while.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I just recently converted my older BT with a beavertail forearm to a competition forearm. You will need to buy the front latch and longer screws from Browning due to the thickness of the new forearm. In about 2 weeks I will be selling a competition forearm since I am buying a new matching set. Mike.

4. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

I didn't know that you could buy a competition forearm for the BT to replace a Beavertail. Can anyone offer advice on good reputable places to buy from?

Mike, I also sent you a PM.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

No need to change the take-down lever bracket. It will just be recessed into the wood dependent upon the depth of the new design. I have replaced my wood and the bracket is recessed 5/16". Yes, the maker will need the bracket to make the new wood. Fitting the bracket is critical and a pain. Notice your bracket and forearm have the gun's serial number stamped on them.

6. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

Johnny,
    Where did you buy your forearm that replaced the Beavertail?

7. BD457

BD457 Member

What's the difference between the bevertail and a competition? (New to the Bt-99) sorry if I'm hijacking.

Mike

8. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Gambit, I carved it from blank, and it is tedious work. Everything has to be perfect. All contact points are glass bedded. A pro with a duplicator should be able to make you one much easier. You can get exactly what you want that way.
    forearms can't just be swapped.

BD457 , the beavertail is triangular, wedge shaped. Too small for my hand. My fingers get burned on the barrel. The competition is larger and more squared.

9. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

Thanks Johnny. Are you aware of any custom stock companies that either sell them or could make a custom? I don't have any where near the talent you do to attempt a project like that. Thanks.

10. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Gambit, I have never dealt with any stock makers. Check the sponsors here and Google for one near you. You may change your mind after pricing one.

11. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

12. willing

willing Member

Midwest Gun Works lists quite a few forearms for BT-99s, a little pricey.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt99 forearm screws where to buy them

browning takedown lever bracket screw browning bt-99 2001

bt 99 custom forearms

bt 99 forearm for sale

bt-99 forearm bracket b1793790

takedown leaver bracket screw size bt 99

what does the asterik mean on a browning bt 99