1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Forearm Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GW22, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, it's a common problem. Try LocTite.

-Gary

2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Yes, LocTite. This just happened to a guy at my club. His forearm would not come off. After some work he was able to get it off and a screw had sheared. He ordered new screw set from Browning, cleaned the screws and threads with some acetone to remove oil. Then used the same LocTite that you use for scope mount screws.

Seems to be holding well.

The screw that broke was sheared and the break was like a mirror finish. Amazing.

Needless to say, all the BT-99 users at the club promptly ran out and checked and LocTited their screws....

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

That's why the the old style forearms are so popular on the bt's. They don't seem to have this problem. Like my dad used to say "that beavertail will get you in trouble". [sorry, couldn't resist] Bill

4. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

I had the same problem, I was going to use loctite then decided to take it to my gunsmith. I'm glad I didn't us it, he showed me why it sheard the screw. If you hold up your forearm to the light and see a small space between your bracket and the wood thats what caused the shear. He took the wood screw out and put a insert in the wood and filled the space with I don't remember, he told me but I forget,(old age) now its solid with no movement from the space. Rick

5. open choke

open choke TS Member

Happened to my friend also but he got 40,000 rounds through it before it did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt99 problems

problem with browning 017078402 forearm

used bt 99 forearm