1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt-99 forearm latch

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BZ-99, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BZ-99

BZ-99 TS Member

I have a 1980's bt-99 that the forearm latch is extremely hard to close. Is there a way to adjust it?

2. jfesi

jfesi Member

I have a late 80's model and the forearm latch is hard to close on it also. I just had it apart tonight changing the ejector spring to make it just extract. I had the forearm latch apart, I cleaned and lubricated it, but the only way that I can see to adjust it would be to remove some material from the latch hook.

3. BZ-99

BZ-99 TS Member

jfesi Something is moving! It became noticable over a two week period. Also what does the long screw in the forearm end do? bz-99.

4. jfesi

jfesi Member

The forward screw does not appear to make any adjustment to me. I think it is just there to stiffen the whole forearm together. When I reinstalled the forearm iron there was two machine screws that attached the iron through the wood to the latch assembly, one wood screw that just went through the iron and into the wood. The forward screw just went through the wood and into the iron. I started the three attchment screws and then put the forward screw in. I tightened it and then torqed the other three screws.

Have you checked the torque on the machine crews that hold the iron to the latch? If these were loose the latch could back away from the barrel and cause the latch to be tougher to close.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Make sure you are trying to fix the right thing. I have seen several BT-99 that were hard to close because they needed a little wood relieved at the end of the forearm. If the forearm goes on and the latch does not close unless the forearm is pushed hard at the front end, it is a wood problem, not a latch problem.

Pat Ireland

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

+1 what Pat said, I have seen this too.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 forarm difficult to

bt 99 forearm lock

bt 99 latch assembly

bt-99 forearm latch not closing