1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 fore end solved (?)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

If y'all remember a week or two ago my saga of the repeated loosening then shearing of fore end screws on my new-style BT - I dropped it off at the stock fitter buddy on Monday and picked it up yesterday morning. What he did: pulled the rear brass insert out (that he had placed a couple of months ago) and reinserted a new one but angled slightly back so the screw is pulling the wood back into the iron. He then bedded the iron to the wood. Put six rounds thru it yesterday and 4 rounds thru it today (league). The screws are TIGHT; can't budge them. And that's without Loktite. Hopefully this has the problem solved and won't have to carry my philips screwdriver around in my back pocket any longer.

Bill Stengel

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Sounds like carpenter work. The screw is no longer perpendicular with the iron, can't look good. If properly done it shouldn't have come loose.

3. Billster

Billster TS Member

Not carpentry work. He's trying to counter the effect of recoil on the crappy stock Browning setup. It's been a problem since the gun came out of the box. BTW - the screws are not visible in the fore end when it's mounted on the gun.

Thanks
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.