1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 fore-end saga resolved (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

After shooting four rounds this a.m. headed over to Jim Olivant (stock fitter) with the loose fore end problem. The rearmost hole (with the ridiculous self-tapping wood screw) was now oval. He looked at it, took me into the shop - put the wood on the drill press and drilled the hole out to about 1/2" and screwed/epoxied a self-tapping brass sleeve into the hole. The sleeve accepts a machined screw. Then he lock-tited all three screws and cinched them down. This should do the trick. His thought was 'how the hell can Browning still get away with putting wood screws into the foreend hardware?' Fingers crossed. Shooting 3 out of the next 4 days so we'll see.

Thanks for all the feedback on the prior post.

bill

2. Billster

Billster TS Member

He's supposed to be the best stock guy in the northeast and after seeing his work...agree. i'm confident it's solved. solid as a rock. Matter of fact, when I get her her Micro BT i'm gonna have him do it to her gun when he does the comb and Gracoil. Then no worries in the future.

cheers
    bill
    (DAMN..the threads dissappear quick around here.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.