1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 finished project gun pictures

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Purchased this gun from JDS farms here on TS and it needed to be finished. I installed the release and fitted the wood and refinished it over the Xmas holidays now if it will warm up enough I will shoot it but it is in the 30's here in Florida I guess I'll have to move furtherer south.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lil johnny

lil johnny TS Member

Good job! looks great and very nice wood

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Only in the 30's? Up here in the northland we strip down to t-shirt and shorts when it gets that warm!

Beatiful wood and a great refinishing job, btw!

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Came out very, very nice. Sure like the idea of weight on barrel. I had a BT-99 for a while, couldn't hit anything with it until added the weight. Gun too whippy for me until then, for an expert pointer..the weight made it "handle" so much better and become a neat gun.

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I'm with Old One Eye when it comes to cold weather. It's been really cold in N. Florida for over a week now. Lows in the 20's, highs in the 40's and windy. I left Mi. 30 years ago to get away from this kind of weather. Call me a wuss but the only snow I ever want to see again will be on a X-mas card.

The wood is beautiful. Looks like a nice job of fitting the pad as well. Makes for a really attracive gun. What type finish was used? Any plans for checkering?

Nice work, Marc

6. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

That piece of wood was as pretty as I thought it would be!Enjoy Jerry

7. OLD ONE EYE

The weigh is about 5 ounces it is a big help for me as I like BT 99's but they are very fast and this extra weight make the gun move smoother for me.
    Buddy

8. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Tigman46,I bought that piece of wood about 10 years ago I don't even remember the name of the outfit I got it from,I wonder what a piece like that would cost today?.Jerry

9. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

buddy- are gonna sell me that gun?? wally in mo.!!!!!!!

10. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

One Eye "ole boy".....very nice wood and your work looks nice. If you need more weight for that gun; stop over; I have half of a broken cement block you may use....Better yet; you can HAVE it.......RUN'EM

11. arend003

arend003 Member

very nice wood .. and job well done.. only 30 we shot up here at -7 last Sunday had -17 this morning hope it warms up tomorrow to shoot.
    Tom

12. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Old One Eye: What process did you use to finish your stock? please feel free to go into detail.

Was there stain involved? Oil finish? Brown paint? What exactly did you do to it?

I love the color and the Winchester red has been eluding me.

Randy

13. OLD ONE EYE

Randy, I did not use any stain at all just fitted and sanded sealed it and used Poly to finish. The color was in the wood when I got it and was it aged that wood is the hardest wood I ever had to cut.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.