1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt 99 face ware

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lostandout, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostandout

lostandout Member

looked at a bt today looked like it had been reblued gun looked ok then i looked at the face around the firing pin and there seamed to be alot of ware .005 or more enough to hook your thumb nail is this normal or is this gun wore out pin and lock seamed tight just dont know about the ware any info would help

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

You may be looking at the firing pin bushing. If it is worn it is replaceable.

3. lostandout

lostandout Member

it seams like it is the same size as the shell head

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A lot of the "wear" I see on the Browning breech faces is really not wear. To me, it appears that moisture has gotten on the face and caused them to pit. I see the same with many TM-1 also.

I'm sure many know that during those hot humid days of shooting, that alot of condensation forms in your chambers while shooting. Not getting it wiped out ASAP after shooting, the gun now sits in a rack maybe for a few hours and the condenced moisture runs down onto the receiver's breech face...even into the firng pin hole. Eventually, we all know what will happen.

Many here on this site say when their done shooting, they just wipe the gun down...maybe swab the bore. Then the gun sits in the long case in a corner until the following weekend.