1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 Ejector

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrcoachbob, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcoachbob

mrcoachbob TS Member

I am sure that it is probably simple, but I am a newbie who doesn't want to do something wrong.

Can somebody explain how to adjust the ejector so that I can extract the hulls by hand.

2. ive never ran um

ive never ran um TS Member

I did this to my bt years ago.
    all you have to do is remove the stock and take the long rod out of the receiver by rotating it away from the triger spring housing that sets the ejector.

3. mrcoachbob

mrcoachbob TS Member

So, if I understand this right, it is not adjustable. Either it throws the shell or it stays completely in the chamber.

4. gotbass

gotbass Member

Bob - I had mine fixed to lift but not eject. MIKE

5. mrcoachbob

mrcoachbob TS Member

Mike

Was it something you did yourself, or do I need to find a gunsmith.

Bob

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Bob check you Private messages.

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Bob,

There are three things you can do. Each one has a specific purpose in the functioning of the gun.

1-remove the ejector trip rod. This can be done by removing the buttstock and sliding out the long skinny rod along the left side of the receiver. Removing the trip rod does not allow the gun to "trip" the sear in the forend.

2-Remove the ejector hammer/plunger from the forend. Disassembling the forend iron from the wood, you will see a spring and plunger along the left side. This spring is under a lot of pressure, don't attempt to try and pop it out just yet. You will need to trip the sear in the forend iron first. This allows the ejector hammer/plunger to go forward a bit. Now some of the pressure has been released. Remove the plunger/spring assy.

The above two steps will now only allow the ejector/extractor to rise to the same height as if you were to openm the gun without firing it....maybe about 3/16".

3-This may be your better option. Replace the heavy spring that you previously removed in step two and replace it with a much weaker one. You could even grind or clip off a few coils until the spring is nearly at it's full length with the ejector hammer/plunger extended. This will prevent the gun from throwing the shells into the next county. Leaving the ejector system operationable, the ejector/extractor will now raise a little higher, making it easier to grab the empty.

Doug Braker

8. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

The above threads are correct, remove the trip rod.

Look at the diagram and locate part number B1793755 and remove it. Now the empty shell will only be lifted up making it easy to remove. It will not eject.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

replaacing ejector hammer on browning bt 99

bt-99 ejector trip rod length

how to convert bt-99 from ejector to just extractor

how to replace an ejector spring on a bt 99

how to take ejector out of bt 99