1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 ejector question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There are only 2 ways the ejector on a BT-99 will not work. One is if the spring has been removed from the forend. The other is if the ejector trip rod is malformed or broken.

I have had several of these guns, and had to fix the trip rod on a couple. It's not hard. Take off the stock, and put the trip rod in a vise to flatten the bend somewhat. This makes it effectively longer, and ensures contact with the ejector trigger.

Upon firing the trip rod has to protrude far enough to work the forend mechanism.

If you are manually illiterate any smith can take care of this in minutes, barring some type of breakage.

HM

2. halfmile

I understood that. So have you divined what you need?

I am unaware of a run of those guns made specifically to extract only, but it's possible. There should be a schematic in the book you got with the gun. If there is no hole with a trip rod on the left side of the receiver you can't do anything.

Further information is needed.

HM

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Halfmile, All BT99s made in recent years are extract only.

4. halfmile

I haven't looked at any new ones since the 99 Plus and 100 came out,so it's my error. I am still very interested to know if the trip rod and forend spring are in the gun or just omitted.

Now I have to stop in at GM and look at one.

HM

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

No it cannot. The forend would need machining to accept the ejector hammer, spring and plunger$$$$$$

Doug

6. motrap

motrap Member

The BT-99 was manufactured with EJECTOR 1968 through 2000. Beginning with 2001 BT-99 has EXTRACTOR. [Beginning 2004 they added EXTRACTOR EXTENSION to raise shell approx. 1/8" additional]

7. halfmile

Doug, thanks. I guess it was longer than I thought since my last BT. I still think they're great guns.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt-99 extractor problems

browning bt99 ejector spring install

bt 99 extractor adjustment

bt 99 plus ejector

bt-99 ejector spring

bt-99 ejector trip rod

bt99 ejector trip rod

how does a bt-99 ejector work