1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 ejector problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Frank C, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

What type of shells? Mine cannot shoot Rio, estate, federal cheepies etc any silver steel base shells stick, AA and sts fine! A common problem.

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Your newest bt99 may have had the ejector removed so that it only extracts a shell. A good gunsmith should be able to put the ejector back in for you. BYG

3. Tech Writer Jeff

Tech Writer Jeff Active Member

Are both of them newer-model (production year 2001 and later) BT-99s (which I believe are all constructed as extract-only)?

I think one of your BT-99s is simply lifting the shell further out of the chamber than the other BT-99 does. I'm working on memory here, but the reason for this is, I beleive, that at some point in production, Browning changed (slightly) the dimensions of the extractor and extractor extension due to just such a complaint as yours. I think the most recent production run lifts the spent shell a little higher than earlier guns. We're talking only about 0.1-inch difference (maybe less), but it does make it easier to grasp the head of the spent case.

Do a close side-by-side comparison of both your guns and let us know if you can confirm a difference in extraction height. So, there might not be anything "wrong" with either gun . . . it might simply be two guns built on different sides of a small design change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.