1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 Disassembled Spring Relief

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pedagogue, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

A friend has a new BT99 and had difficulty assembling the gun after he snaped the trigger with the gun apart. I do it all the time with my Perazzi. Should you NOT take the tension off the trigger spring on a Browning and if yes how do you do it? jack

2. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Just push the take down lever to the right, and reassemble.

Wayne

P.S. The take down lever frees up the cocking lever. With the take down lever all the way to the right...Make sure the cocking lever drops down. It should just fall down unless its dirty. Then just push the cocking lever down,

4. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

Thanks Wayneo. The cocking lever must not be dropping down. The gun is new and he has not fired it. I'll see him and the gun tomorrow and bring some kroil oil to see if the oil will free it up. jack

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

In my p.s. I said the cocking lever is free to move up and down by the takdown lever, however once you pull the trigger, the cocking lever will not move. To put the barrel on the receiver, just move the takedown lever ALL the way to the right. You will see the locking block move back and forth with the take down lever. New BT-99's are kind of stiff. It will go on. Sorry about any confusion.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.