1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 differences in extractors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

I own 3 BT-99s, one Micro, one Grade III, and one regular BT-99. The regular extractor barley extracts the shell after firing to the point that, when wearing gloves, it is difficult to grab the shell. I brought it to a gunsmith who could only adjust it minimally. It is tolerable but when compared to the other 2 guns, annoying. The extractor is totally different. Anyone with similar problems?

2. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I had one of my BT-99's do the same thing. Mine turned out to be the ejector extension was broke and half of it was missing. I replaced it and it's working fine now. It would not eject but extract just barely. I shot a 200 bird event and dug each one out with my fingernail. My finger looked like I was picking my nose all day in a coal mine when I finally got done shooting. You might have the same problem.....good luck.

3. Franktri

Franktri Member

Unfortunately, nothing was broken. It was a design change. Comparing it to the other BT-99s the extractor is different. Gunsmith lengthened the extractor as much as he could without interfering with the closing but it still is not like the other guns. The configuration is different than the other guns. Annoying but not a serious problem.. Thanks for your feedback.

4. Redear

Redear TS Member

had same with a 2005 bt99 gunsmith couldn't fix it the extractor different for some years.go to shotgunworld.com forms search browning guns.a gunsmith has a fix for tha problem.i didn't have it done I had sold the gun before I found the info.
    fre

5. mich746

mich746 Member

Searched shotgunworld for a fix to the extractor to lift the shell out farther....couldn't find anything. Anybody know if it is possible to make a newer BT extractor come out just a little more.

6. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Call Art at Art's Gun and Sport shop in Hillsboro, Mo. Google the shop for a phone number. Art is the best guy for Browning's

Surfer

7. Bigcat

Bigcat Active Member

Funny I found this tread, I have the same problem and was tinkering with mine this morning.
    I scrubbed out the chamber with a wire brush and oiled up everything.
    It jacks out a snap cap just fine.
    I have been shooting gun club reloads as of late but have no trouble at all with the same loads in my citori.
    The gun is a 71 and I can't even imagine how many rounds I have put through it?
    Next time out I will try a box of factory loads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to repair broken extractor in browning bt 99

how to repair bt99 shell extractor