1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 comb

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

Can anyone tell me why some BT-99s come without a Monte Carlo stock. I was under the impression that a Monte Carlo stock is specifically for trap and that the BT-99 is intended for trap only or am I misinformed?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Your misinformed about a Monte Carlo for trap only. Look at some hunting rifles. Yes the BT is a designed trap gun. Browning seems to have quit the M/C stocks a few years back on the BT's. They seem to have added an adjustable comb instead. Bulge.

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Maybe they're catering to shooters with no necks.

Ed Yanchok

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The BT-99 was designed as a copy of the popular trap guns of their day, the Ithaca trap guns. the monte carlo stock hadn't been invented yet. It was developed for the European live bird shooters, so they could have their head in a position to see the pigeon the instant it was released.
    The early BT-99 was the most popular single barrel trap gun ever. The newer BT-99 with the monte carlo stock and semi-beaver forend looked just like every other inexpensive single barrel trap gun. I guess Browning figured there were enough of the shooters who liked the earlier model, and so they brought it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.