1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 broke pics added

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rmctaggart, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

was breaking down my bt99 after 150 rounds this afternoon when a small chunk of steel hit the floor 1/4x1/8 or a little bigger from the end of the forarm myself and another member thought it came from the hole at the top it looked like that was broken metal at the back end at the top of the forarm we stuck it back in and it seemed to function and cock any browning xperts have any idea what happened and if i can fix it myself it looks like a spring is right behind this part so we thought it was part of the cocking or locking mechanics. thanks in advance bob mctaggart
    rmctaggart_2011_2202.jpg

rmctaggart_2011_22021.jpg

rmctaggart_2011_22023.jpg

rmctaggart_2011_22024.jpg

rmctaggart_2011_22026.jpg

rmctaggart_2011_22027.jpg

2. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

added 6 pics

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Looks like your ejector hammer is broken. Part #B1793744

Wayne

4. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

That is the ejector hammer part no. PO93744 that is broken. You can order a replacement from Browning or Brownells.

When you put broken piece back in place, it is captured between the forearm and receiver so it will work as long as you don't loose the piece. Without the broken piece in place, I doubt that the shell will be lifted enough to manually pull it out of the chamber. It should be easy to replace the part yourself.

Good Luck,

Scott

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Yep, your Ejector Hammer is broken. Mine broke the Ejector Extension. This is what mine looked like:

rastoff_2009_250445.jpg
    So, just order up the part. The Browning part number is B1793744 and I would just call Browning for it. It's about $11.

You will have to remove the forearm wood. Then take out the Ejector Spring and Spring Guide Rod. The other piece should just drop out. Then install the new hammer and associated parts. Not a difficult repair.

6. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

thanks for all the good advice bob mctaggart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt-99 ejector

browning bt99 ejector hammer repair

my browning bt-99 broken

utube how to repair ejector hammer on bt-99 plus