1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 breakdown

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dfm, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfm

dfm Member

Does anyone know of a CD, DVD, video, pamphlet, etc. showing the detailed breakdown of a BT-99 action? I've got a 1979 version and I don't think it's ever been torn down, cleaned and relubed. Thanks.

2. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

Go to BROWNING SITE you can print one.

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

theres not that much to it. Once you get the butt plate off, there's an allen bolt way down in there that removes the stock, then the action is all visible. Bill Wheeler

4. dfm

dfm Member

Guys, what I'm looking for is a step-by-step account of how to literally take the action apart without springs and parts flying around the shop. I want to part it out, dunk in cleaning solution for a time, then relube and reassemble.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I think they learn that stuff in gunsmithing school. Most of us willing try and learn have had springs fly and calls to gunsmiths... Perhaps MIdwest has a video.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I am not aware of anything that detailed. You don't really need to totally disassemble the whole thing. Just drop out the trigger housing , clean and lube the whole thing assembled. Make sure it is cocked when you take out the trigger housing or you will have "springs and parts flying around the shop."
    Don't pull the trigger while the housing is removed! If it hasn't been apart since '79 you may not get the stock bolt out.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

There are several BT-99 Field Service Manuals (these are given to Browning armorurs) on various web sites. Do a google search, someone might have made copies of one.

Click the link, there are some on e-bay.

Wayne

8. THE REBEL

THE REBEL TS Member

DFM send me your address P M it to me i will send you a brake down list of the bt 99 no charge THE REBEL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.