1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt-99 AR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

O.K. The search to replace my sweet old [stolen] bt is nearly over. After looking at SKB's, 90T's, TM1's and such, I've decided to stay with the familiar. Me and a very good shooting friend are going to probably go with Monsoors bt99 AR. He is the one learning to shoot lefty after losing sight in his right eye. Does anyone have any feedback for me positive or negative on these guns? We will probably be contacting Tron for some stock work also because some recoil reduction is necessary for both of us. Thanks Bill Wheeler

2. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

By the way, thanks Sarge! Bill

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What does AR stand for? HMB

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

HMB,

Adjustable Rib

Slayer,

Do a search on here. There have been several threads on these guns in the recent past that may give you some feedback.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Check on prices at Sportsman's Den in Shelby Ohio he was one that suggested Browing bring it back and Sportsman's Den had very good prices on them the
    BT-99AR that is.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. jwells

jwells Member

slayer.. are you from ohio? and where and when was your bt stolen?

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I'm from the Saginaw Bay area in mid Michigan. July 7th of last year. It was a new standard bt with the stock redone with a RAD and adjustable comb. 32" bbl. PM me with any info plz. Bill

8. claykiller

claykiller Member

Bill:

The BT99-AR is a good gun with the exception of how the front of the rib (adjustment) is attached to the gun. Monsoor's uses a roll pin and a multi-hole post to adjust the rib. The roll pin looks cheap and takes away from an otherwise sophisticated look. More importantly because it is a roll pin the size can very and I've seen at least two ARs where the pin starts working it's way out. I'm sure it's nothing more than just keeping an eye on it, but Monsoor's should at least replace it with a solid pin. Otherwise the gun shoots like a BT99 and is an excellent target smasher.

9. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Both myself and my wife shoot the Monsoors BT99ARs after the ribs were adjusted for POI they are not touched now and the front pin has showed no sign of moving.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Roll pins often need a small "peen" job. Then ink it with a perm marker.

11. T-C Joe

T-C Joe TS Member

I bought a BT-99 AR from Monsoor's a little over a year ago and it has been awesome. Roger was really easy to deal with and my son has put over 10K through it at this point. We did have a issue with the gun getting a little loose but I let the Browning gunsmith look at it when we were in Sparta and they fixed it right up. That was about 4K rounds ago. My daughter has a BT-99 plus and they are basically the same gun with the exception of the recoil system. I did have Ken Rucker install a Bump Buster on both of them and I can hardly tell them apart aside from the scroll work on the plus model.

12. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

What do these guns cost? Are there used ones available? Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 ar
browning bt99 qar
bt 99 ar forums

bt 99 ar trap guns

bt-99 ar
bt99 ar