1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt-99 ar rib rattle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Love shooting the bt-99 AR. It has a slight rattle when I close it that seems to be coming from the center post on the rib. I can think of several ways to remedy this, but I thought I would see if anyone here has worked on this. I couldn't get through to Monsoors to see what they recomended. Bill

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I made my own center vibration damper cut thick enough to be snug in the rib slot by using a hot glue gun small dia. glue stick and with an exacto knife cut the slits on its middle sides to slip it in the metal retainer slot fingers..and a tiny dab of super lube...now very snug with no noise whatsoever

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

the problem with the forearm screws was with the beavertail style. the ar has the old style forepiece. You can get at everything, at least for lubricating and cleaning, from the stock end on the bt's. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-99 rib damper