1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 AR POI?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I have been looking at an upgrade in trap guns. My current XT trap shoots about 65/35 and I feel I need a higher shooting gun. I have a long neck and have to work to keep my head down on the stock. I am looking at the XT trap unsingle and the BT 99 AR. I have read about and seen the unsingles adjustments up to 90/10. I can't find any info on the range of adjustment on the BT 99 AR. Anybody have any info?
    Doug

2. Frye

Frye TS Member

I have the unsingle XT non adjustable comb version. It is very adjustable on the POI. In fact, I recently discovered that I could "float" a 30 yard target about an inch above the bead and make it vanish. I have adjusted the gun to a lower POI to a target picture more fitting to my style of shooting. I just touch the target now and watch the smoke balls. You can also adjust the POA or whatever it is where you can see as much, or as little of the rib as you wish. For me, it's stacked beads with no rib in between. I am tall, medium build with a long neck. This gun fits me perfectly. I don't know about the AR but the XT unsingle is a very good piece for the money. I don't believe getting the adjustable comb version of this combo is worth the extra money to the dealer. Should I decide I need one down the road, I can have a competent stock smith put one in for less money and better than factory components. You really can't go wrong with an XT. I'm very impressed with mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.