1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt-100 vs bt-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chovyman, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chovyman

chovyman Member

hey guys a quick question

bt-100 vs bt-99 is the main difference the higher rib or other mechanical items?
    bt-99 plus is just the rib?

thanks Michael

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

bt100 has drop-out trigger and is adjustable for weight of trigger pull.

3. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

If you have the choice go for the BT 100, the Plus is a fine shooter as well,
    but in time I think you will find the 100 to be the better choice.With the 100 the drop out trigger for cleaning ect. is a nice feature.

Now having said that I have shot both, and have just pounded my 100 and it keeps on ticking, which ever you choose be sure to get the adjustable comb, recoil system & changable chokes.
    Smokem have fun

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

99 Plus has adjustable rib, comb and lop (about 1/2" or maybe a little more) in Factory recoil system.

5. chovyman

chovyman Member

Thanks guys for the info

shooting a 99 now but 100 sounds tempting!

6. butcher

butcher Member

Unless you just want a new gun the BT99 and BT100 shoot pretty much the same.Both are good shooters.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The BT-100 definitely puts less of a crook in my neck with that higher rib. I never cared about a drop-out trigger till I got one, now I love it. Also, the glossy BT-100 models not only have dropout triggers which are adjustable for pull-weight and foward/backward position (LOP), but it also lets you switch between eject and extract in seconds.

BTW, with any BT, keep that receiver knuckle and forend bracket well lubed with clean grease -- the actions ship tight and can go from pristine to ridiculously galled in 25 shots. It always breaks my heart to see that - especially when it's a kid I warned about it.

-Gary

8. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

Thanks GW22. I'm picking up a new BT99 tomorrow and didn't know about the grease. Appreciate the advice.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Happy to help. Another tip, which MIA turned me on to, is that NAPA Wheel Bearing Grease is as good as any gun grease you'll find, and you can get a big tub of it for just a few bucks. Apply with your finger, an acid brush from the plumbing department, or put in syringes you can get from McMaster Carr or a big pet store.

Friends don't let friends gall their Brownings :)

-Gary

10. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

Sweet, got a tube of Hoppes I use for my model 12 I'll use up first, thank you very much for the time and info. It'll be the first time for me shooting an sbt, hope it's all I expect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.