1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-100 vr Perazzi TM1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cam-man, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cam-man

cam-man TS Member

Let's compare a Perazzi in good shape but 30 to 40 years old and a Browning BT-100
    also in good shape, about 10 plus years old.
    Perazzi has an adj comb and release trigger.
    BT-100 has an adj comp and a Clyde Slide butt pad.
    Both with 34" bbl, both with the correct LOP.
    Both nearly the same price.
    Which is a better pick?

2. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Get the BT-100.

Chris

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If you shoot a release trigger now, and the BT doesn't have one, then get the TM-1. Or the reverse.

Check the choke;, get the one which _hasn't been_ "opened up a bit."

Otherwise I doubt it makes much difference; both are fine guns.

Neil

4. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

It's all in what you prefer. Do you like hand made Italian products or machine made Japanese products. The Brownings are fine guns but there is a reason TM1's are still going strong after 40 years.

5. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

TM1 Nuff said!

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I have a bt99 thats 38 years old and still going strong..

7. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

You won't find many Perazzi owners saying they wish they bought that Browning instead, you will find the opposite.

I was in this position recently, purchased a TM-1 and am extremely happy. One thing I would recommend to help you make this decision is pattern both guns before you purchase. Patterns from Perazzi guns that I have seen and tested have very good bb distribution. Not so with the Brownings I have had. That reason alone will give you more confidence in your game and your ability to shoot it well.

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Most trapshooters switch guns frequently. Buy the TM1 as it will be the easier of the two to sell.

9. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

i shot a tm1 this season dont like way too light and whippy brownings always felt a lil more barrel heavy i like that get the browning

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Buy both let shoot one for 6 months then the other sell the one you shoot best. That is the trap shooters curse so many shooters wish they had this or that gun back wish they never sold it in the first place. I learned from them that is why I have two gun safes never sell a gun you can shoot well. I have one gun I shoot and 14 back up guns just in case. A old timer once told me if I get a new gun just put the old one under the bed for a year if all works out with the new gun then sell it if you need the money.
    Buddy

11. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

berettagold53954

I know you felt you wanted to state your $0.02 worth but let me offer you a refund. I have owned numerous BT-99's and TM-1's simultaneously. Still do. Your opinions are respected but my experience indicates just the opposite to be true. Remember, we are talking SBT guns, not a Browning O/U.

When I shoot a P gun all feels right. The BT's are fine guns (for the price especially) but always left me wanting more. They are too light in front and kick severely. I know that if the gun goes "BANG" when you pull the trigger it has done it's job. When the scoreboard leaves you wanting more I find the TM-1 will provide it.

As MikeinNPR says: "
    You won't find many Perazzi owners saying they wish they bought that Browning, instead, you will find the opposite." In fact the BT makes a fine stepping stone on the way up to a TM-1.

You will see many of each make on the firing line. I see many more Perazzi's in the winners circle.

Marc

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Both good guns. Unless it's been damaged by jacking around with it the TM1's trigger is better. Also I believe the TM's will increase in value when things get better and the 100 will stay about the same. MOO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt99 vs tm1

compare browning bt99 with perazzi tm

perazzi tm1 vs bt-99