1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 100 trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tinman18, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinman18

tinman18 TS Member

My BT 100 trigger has a screw for adjusting pull wieght. My question is what does this screw do. It is a blind hole. I know how to set the other screw for sear engagement but dont see how this screw does anything. Thanks
    Mike C

2. tinman18

tinman18 TS Member

3. BMC

BMC Member

Mike, I am not sure what it does either although it is apparent what it is supposed to do. Mine backed itself out one time and the trigger still worked just fine and I didnt notice any difference in the pull. I didn't put it back in. Been that way for over a year.

4. motrap

motrap Member

Mike ...... You are correct, the second screw is for sear engagement ......... BMC is correct also, the weight/pound adjustment screw, if loosened all the way, will come out, this would then be the lightest possible setting, and it is OK to use w/out the screw ......... Rudy

5. tinman18

tinman18 TS Member

Rudy how does the the weight pound screw work is what I dont understand. The screw goes into a threaded hole that goes nowhere. Thanks Mike c

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Trigger adjustment screws work in conjunction with a spring which when compressed applies varying pressure to the trigger lever. The more pressure applied the greater the weight of pull. From your description I do not see how it can change the weight of pull. HMB

7. tinman18

tinman18 TS Member

HMB you are correct. I can tell you there is no spring behind this screw. if you look at a breakdown from Browning it even shows no spring just the screw. Is it possible that people just think because they can turn a screw it makes the pull lighter? Mike C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjusting trigger pull bt100