1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-100 Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TJG728, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJG728

TJG728 TS Member

Are BT-100 trigger groups interchangeable between guns? The actual gold trigger on my BT-100 broke and there is not enough room to slide on a new trigger without removing the trigger guard and I have no idea how to do that. I'm assuming it will have to go to a gunsmith for repair. I'm wondering if I can use a trigger group from my other BT-100 until I figure out how to get a new trigger installed. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tom G.

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

TJG728,

Are you referring to the plastic trigger blade only, that attaches to the removable 'trigger group' with a hex set screw? If so, you should be able to remove the blade and replace it with a new one, preferably steel without removing the trigger guard, using only the right-sized hex wrench. Good luck.

LA in MA

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes they should interchange. I know i could use my buddies trigger group in mine. I believe there will be no fitting issues.

Matt

4. TJG728

TJG728 TS Member

Thanks for the replies.

Porcupine: Yes, the trigger blade itself broke. It slides on a channel type arrangement and the set screw is used to locate it at three possible positions to vary the length of pull. The actual trigger blade slides onto this channel and there isn't enough room in front of or behind the trigger mechanism to slide the trigger blade on. That's why the trigger guard has to be removed to get it to fit. I have an exploded view of the trigger group from Browning and it shows how the pieces all fit together. It looks more complicated than I'm capable of. I wish there was a place to buy a new BT-100 trigger group, but i doubt there is.

Tom G.

5. Strait Shooter

Strait Shooter Member

In answer to your question,yes all the BT-100 trigger groups are interchangeable including swapping the satin model triggers with the blued models, however you will not have the extract /eject feature if you use a satin model trigger on the blued model, otherwise it will work fine.If you have to get the trigger guard out of the way, you will see a small roll pin at the bottom aft of the trigger guard, remove that pin and you will be able to twist the trigger guard out of the way.

6. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have a complete new trigger I would sell for $500.00.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 100 trigger group