1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 100 trigger issues

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 338reddog, Jun 26, 2013.

1. 338reddog

338reddog Member

I have a like new BT 100 satin model. I removed the trigger guard and noticed that the trigger pull adjustment screw had backed out, almost all the way. I screwed it back in and set the trigger at 3 3/4 lbs and added a drop of removable loc-tite. While inspecting the trigger assembly I noticed that the trigger block was broken off.(I think its called that. It stops trigger from being pulled when gun is open)The gun has had a release trigger added by a J. White, I was wondering if it is common practice to remove that part when a release is used? And If anyone knows the contact info for this installer?

Also if you have a satin model how hard is your gun to open? mine feels as though I am overcoming the ejector even though the satin model doesn't have one.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Use some CMD grease and it will open and close a lot easier, I know because I have done it many times on my gun and friends guns.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

JEFF

I have a satin model also and it is quite stiff to cock.

Good Luck

JIM

4. mich746

mich746 Member

I thought the BT-100 had a selector for ejector or extractor. A screw in the trigger assembly that you turn a 1/4 turn.

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

The extract/eject option was only on the blued and stainless models, not on the satin models.

Pat

6. 338reddog

338reddog Member

Gary: are you talking about the greasing the hinge pin and like? If I remove the trigger assembly the gun opens very easy. Seems like It is in the cocking assembly as Jim said his is also stiff to cock.

Anyone know who J white might be who did the release? I know its not "Whiz"

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's easier to open with the trigger removed because you are not overcoming the resistance of the hammer spring and cocking the hammer. Keep the whole trigger group clean and oiled, and clean and grease the receiver-to-forend joint, hinge pins and both sides of the monoblock. As I've warned many times, BTs gall astonishingly fast if you don't do this.

Many BT-100 owners back the pull-weight screw way out to lighten trigger pull. That's the threaded set screw that aligns with the length of the bbl. The EJECT/EXTRACT selector is on the side of the trigger group on glossy models and is just a slotted rotary selector -- not a set screw.

Download an owner's manual.

-Gary

8. 338reddog

338reddog Member

Gary (GW22), Thanks for taking the time to answer. I do keep the action greased and I know how to set the trigger pull weight. I misspoke when I said hard to open as it is only after its fired. You and Jim answered that part for me thank you.

Now I need to find out about the trigger block missing/broken and the contact info of the person who fit the release trigger. The release is marked J White. Any help is appreciated

Jeff

9. Shawn

Shawn Member

Jerry White in Ft.Collins(970-224-5395).
    It sounds like he did your trigger.

I am not sure the number is curreent.

Shawn

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Highly likely it was altered because of the release. If you were to set the trigger and then had several broken targets or for whatever reason need could not fire your gun, having the "out-of-battery protection part in the gun, you would not be able to open the gun to unload. You would have to fire the gun.

Many guns have some type of part added to the design to prevent anyone from pulling the trigger if the gun is not fully locked up. Even pumps and autos have this feature. On break-open guns, this part generally needs to be removed or altered when a release is installed.

Doug

11. 338reddog

338reddog Member

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. GunDr seems logical, if I don't plan on using the release should I replace this part?

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

That would be totaly up to you. The guns work fine with the releases installed and the part not there. You could ask yourself how many times you've held the top lever all the way to the right(open position) and at the same time pulling the trigger.

Search tags for this page
browning bt 100 cocking assembly
browning bt 100 opens very easily
browning bt 100 opens when fired
browning bt 100 trigger assembly
browning bt-100 trigger assembly repair
browning bt100 triggers
bt 100 new trigger assembly

jerry white relace trigger