1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt 100 trigger crack at connector

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hangover, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangover

hangover Member

The trigger is connected to a block that has 3 lengh of pull settings.{3 little indents} This block is the connector. At the dove tail where the trigger rides on the connnector mine has cracked and I have had to replace the connnector which costs about $50 and is not easy to do. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Thanks

2. Frizz

Frizz Member

yes,this is common.

George

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What Kind of Gun?

GB
    DLS

4. hangover

hangover Member

George: Is this common to the BT 100? I have 3 other Brownings and never had this happen to them. You think it is poor heat treating in the trigger block?

5. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

I have two BT 100's. I have gone through three triggers since I brought them. A trigger seems to last about two years before the grove breaks off the trigger. The last I paid over $80.00 for just the trigger. The next time it breaks I will have someone fabricate a trigger and silver solder or screw it on . Fortunately the connector has not yet broken!

6. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi hangover, i have seen a few of these cracked. the most common cause , in my opinion , is over thightning of the set screw. i have found that taking the set screw out and cleaning the set screw and threads with alcohol, then reassembling with blue locktight might help. get the set screw good and snug but not too tight. the lock tight will keep the set screw from backing out. these parts are aluminum and easy to overtighten. hope this helps. doug hubbart gunsmith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.