1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-100 Titanium firing pin?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by ImpalaBob, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

0   0   0

My BT-100 has worn out it's titanium firing pin and I need a replacement. My web searches have come up empty. Can anyone please reccomend a vendor for a new titanium firing pin?

Thanks,

ImpalaBob aka Bob Fix

2. IndyJohnO

IndyJohnO TS Member

0   0   0

Bob:

My OEM firing pin has over 88,000 primers across it and never a fault.

The only known BT-100 ignition issue is the hammer mainspring that needs to be replaced every 26 months. They cost $4 and I do the change-out myself in 10 minutes.

Browning delivers parts in about 10 days. Always have two hammer springs on hand.

Also, in all the years of service of my beloved BT-100, had to replace the top lever return spring one time.

Keep a couple of springs on hand and your BT-100 is an enduring rock solid lifetime performer.

Hope this helps and good luck

JohnO

3. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

0   0   0

Thanks everyone. My local gunsmith George Scavello had a titanium and a steel pin in stock. It was quite easy to install. Everything goes "BANG" once again. I'll be keeping the new steel pin as my back-up spare.

I have never changed the firing pin spring! Maybe having a snap cap and releiving the spring pressure when casing the BT-100 has made a difference. I have replaced the top lever return spring several times. My BT-100 has served me well.

Thanks again for the advice.

ImpalaBob

4. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

0   0   0

TexasJohnO was correct!! Once I replaced the firing pin I still had some primer hits with no ignition until a second hit. I stretched the hammer spring for a test and it solved the problem. I just ordered two new hammer springs and a new top lever spring from Brownells. Thanks everyone. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

repace bt100 firing pin