1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt-100 thumbhole

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Anyone ever shoot one or own one?how did it go.I am thinking of getting one.I have a bt99 but can't find a thumb hole stock for it.don't know if they ever made one for a bt99.thank you.
    Tracy

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I had one. It shot great but didn't fit my hands very well. The LOP from pistol grip to trigger on them is fairly long even with the trigger in the rear most postition. You will find many with the same opinion. The BT 100 with regular Trap stock is a great gun. Far better than the BT 99 in my opinion.

grntitan_2009_2503162.jpg

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Had one, it shot fine but I could just not get that stock to fit. Needed some castoff and could have used an adjustable comb. LOP was not an issue - but be advised that a MC stock or regular Trap stock are extremely hard to find.

4. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

I am shooting one now it is my main gun and I don't see my self switching anytime soon. I does a great job of dispersing recoil. I was worried that it would do damage to my thumb but it was fine for some of the long 3-4 day X300 targets a day. Durring one of the long shoots I did put a little moleskin in it right where it hit the thumb and it was fine. The trigger is easy for me to reach and I do not have big hands. All in all the BT-100 is a great shooter and really breaks the targets. I'm sure GW22 will be chiming in his praises for the BT100. Oscar

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Had one that worked great after Rod Custom cut it for an adjustable comb (YES! it can be done and works terrific) as it was high enough and just needed scooted to the right to get behind the rib.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

BT-100s blow.

And the thumbholes seem kinda gay.

-GW22

7. Straight50

Straight50 Member

I have owned two of them (currently shoot one now) and really like them. The MC comb fits me well as is, and the length of pull is not a problem for me. Mine shoots about 70/30 poi. They are not for everybody, but it fits, you will probably like it.

8. a budine

a budine Member

My primary singles gun - if it fits you, they are outstanding. Highly recommend you try one.

9. Dr Joe

Dr Joe Member

I just posted a stainless one on Gunbroker with 2 thumbhole stocks and one regular.

10. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Dr Joe,can not find it?

11. Dr Joe

Dr Joe Member

Try auction # 319430208 on Gunbroker

12. 1212racer

1212racer TS Member

DR, JOE I ALSO TRYED LOOKING FOR THE THUMB HOLE BT ON GUNBROKER CANT FINE IT EATHER, VARY INTERESTED IN BYING A STANLESS IF YOU STILL HAVE GUN EMAIL PICTURES THANKS RACER1212 ( vic bunce

13. Dr Joe

Dr Joe Member

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=319430208 Here is the exact link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.