1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-100 THUMBHOLE STOCK???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Does anyone out there have a take-off BT-100 thumbhole stock lying around that they would like to get rid of. I have a BT-100 with a regular stock and would like to try one of the thumbhole stocks without investing a fortune in it. Let me kknow if you have one for sale. Jack

2. mikeinmich

mikeinmich Member

I've got a new one with no stock bolt. Shipped for $175.00.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Unless you have unusually long hands with super longer fingers, you don't want one. The trigger is hard to reach even with it slid to its rear most position. If you fit that odd category, you will need the stock bolt system that allows the thumbhole stock to attach to your BT 100. Without it, the stock is worthless.

The red arrow here shows the adapter piece needed to attach a thumbhole stock to your BT 100. The stock bolt on these goes up through the grip cap and threads in at an angle into the hole on this adapter piece.

grntitan_2009_2503245.jpg

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

New one for $175 is a great deal. Now to find a stock bolt!!

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Jack:

I'd be willing to trade this one for an equally nice Monte Carlo BT-100 stock, if that's what you're taking off.

gw22_2008_0303197.jpg

Otherwise, I'd be willing to sell it, plus the thumbhole stock bolt, plus the angled stock bolt adaptor, for $250. It has a nice Kick-Eez pad on it too.

-Gary

6. Straight50

Straight50 Member

And thats a good deal as well!

7. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

Gary I didn't know you had a thumbhole stock on your gun? or is that aanother gun?

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Different shotgun, Oscar. I thought maybe if I had a thumbhole like you I could shoot 100-straights in my sleep too ;)

-Gary

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Thanks folks. Thanks for the offers and the information. I didn't know about the special bolt that needs to go with the stock.

I have shouldered these guns several times and my hand does seem to fit the stock fine. (I wear an XL or XXL golf glove.)

I don't want to give up my Monte Carlo stock. I was only interested in adding a thumbhole stock to the mix.

Talking to a shooting friend since posting this request, and he advised me to wait until I go to the Missouri Fall Handicap and see if a dealer had a used one that I could shoot before jumping in too quickly. I have decided that is good advise. I will also talk to a couple of the gunsmiths there to check on the availability of the bolt.

Thanks again for the interest and information. Jack

10. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

You can get the bolt assembly from Browning.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

You can get the stock from them too. For around $2300, I think. LOL.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 100 thumbhole

bt 100 thumbhole stock

stocks for bt 100

wood stocks for bt 100