1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bt-100 take down Lever Moves

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Firefoxverigo, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Firefoxverigo

Firefoxverigo Member

What is the problem with the Lever on this shotgun ,when it moves as I fire the gun????? Please Help...

2. Duck

Duck Member

Weak top lever spring?. Fired alot, top lever position left of center when closed?.

3. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

The lever on mine moves to the right when I pull the trigger.

4. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

top lever spring or actionlock block.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

New top lever spring in mine. Gun hasn't been shot a lot.

6. Borderland

Borderland Member

My top lever spring seemed very stiff but it was moving during firing to the point where the locking block was marking a line on the lower monoblock. Replaced the top lever
    spring and all movement went away.

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Is it the top lever moving or is it the forend breakdown (take apart) lever? If the later it seems that it should have nothing to do with top lever spring or locking bolt. I have had four BT-100's and all were extremely tight, as new. The forend lever on all would little by little open as rounds were fired requiring pushing back to the fully closed position at each post. I was told that as the gun was shot more this would stop. Never shot any of them enough to find out. Marc

8. wdan99

wdan99 TS Member

FIREFOXVERIGO

I would ask, how are you closing the gun? My experince with a few new BT-99s is if I close the gun letting it release the locking bolt on its own, the top lever never moves when fired. If I hold the top lever while closing the gun and then manually release lever after gun is closed, lever will very slightly move when gun is fired. I am thinking the bolt is not fully seating when released manually. Thoughts?

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Firefoxverigo , I took the stock off my BT100 and looked at what's going on, haven't had mine long.

The bottom of the hammer, at rest, bumps against the back of the top lever dog. That is what causes the top lever to move when you fire the gun.

You do mean top lever ,right, not take down leve

10. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

NO dog in the hunt BUT, Replace the Top Lever(Breakopen) spring and you are ready to go. ALWAYS-ALWAYS-Shut the gun Firm but gently so the Locking block "Locks" in place Good. JMO- Joe joe90t

11. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Joe, Ever look inside at a BT100? Mine has new springs from Jim Flynn. The hammer bumps the top lever dog when fired. That makes the top lever move.

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Remember to take a coin and release the button on top of the breech face to let the top lever return to strait position when storing gun in break-down case, this keeps the pressure off the spring. I also pull the trigger and keep the coin over the firing pin to let off the hammer spring as well, only takes a few seconds to do both. Kill two birds with one stone as they say. break em all. Jeff