1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 100 stainless with ajustable comb what is worth

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

What is a Browning stainless BT 100 with ajustable comb and choke tubes worth it is excellent condition.

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

If you can post pictures you'll get a more accurate estimate. The price can vary depending on the condition of the metal, wood and comb. Is the stock a monte carlo vs a straight stock? Is the adjustable comb by the factory or was it cut after-market? If the comb was cut after-market was it done right? Much figure in the wood? Has the stainless finish been left untouched or has it been polished? Are the choke tubes factory or better yet extended Brileys? These factors can effect the value by hundreds of dollars. My stainless BT likes to snuggle with my stainless Ljutic. LOL Bob

3. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

1700.00 and up.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Still have to oil the hinges

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Very nice, desirable shotguns. Don't forget bbl length. 32" models bring hundreds less than 34" ones, all else being equal.

Jack is right - the only shotgun more prone to galling than a regular carbon steel BT is a stainless one. They'll last your entire life if well cared for, but the receiver knuckle and forend iron can be galled beyond belief in just one round of trap under the right circumstances. Sorry to always harp on this but I've seen some broken hearts (one was a kid) and I don't want to see it again. Please wipe old grease off and re-grease every time, without fail.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.